Wednesday 13 November 2013

Water the most important element of All!

“Water is the driving force of all nature.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Water!! We rarely pay attention to its enormity. Water is life. It is the one thing the world cannot survive without. Although we have realized its importance for drinking purposes, we still need to think about the quality of the water we drink. Thanks to tons of water campaigns that today people are more concerned about the quality of the water they drink.
Image credit: http://www.worldmusic.net/media/articles/article/726.jpg

We often hear people saying, "I'm dying of thirst!"

Well, they just might! A mere 2% drop in our body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration, fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on smaller print, such as a computer screen. (Are you having trouble reading this? Drink up! ;) )

Although water covers more than 75% of the Earth, only 1-2% of the Earth's water is available as a source of drinking. Yet, our society continues to contaminate this precious resource. Water is a key component in determining the quality of our lives as almost 70 per cent of our physical body is made up of water.

Water helps us flush out toxins, keep our organs hydrated, prevents fatigue and boosts energy as well as helping a host of other symptoms. Now while I do believe that drinking a good amount of water each day can have a positive effect on the body in general, it seems we may be missing out on the best reason to stay hydrated.

I remember living my life in hostel during my engineering and then as a paying guest. I never used to pay attention to the quality of water I got to drink. I suffered, and learned. A few weeks ago, when I was at my hometown, I came across a water campaign by Kent RO Systems Ltd. They explained the need of paying attention to the quality of water we drink and brought some facts to my notice. I wasn't convinced much. So just for the sake opened the company’s website out of curiosity and browsed through it and was really impressed with the specs. I also Googled up the facts about this and was astonished to find their research true.

Here’s a video I found on the site:

As long as there is life on this planet, water will be here. Without it, life is impossible. Thus, it is important for us to know how precious water is. We ought not to waste it or pollute it by any means. Water is just too precious. In fact, it’s PRICELESS.
Image credit: http://www.soquelcreekwater.org/School_ED/Poster_Without-Water-Siinn-Rho.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment